In Western Australia operators of certain types of heavy vehicles must become accredited under the Western Australian Accreditation Process in order to obtain a Permit from Main Roads to operate under the Notice.
Western Australian Heavy Vehicle Accreditation is mandatory for individuals and organisations which:
- Operated a B Doubles or road train; or
- Operated a vehicle combination over 42.5 tonnes gross mass; or
- Operated under an AMMS loading scheme; or
- Required an annual oversize vehicle permit or notice; or
- Applied for more than four single trip permits per 12 month period
To achieve Accreditation operators must implement a Vehicle Maintenance Management Plan, Fatigue Management Plan and Dimension & Loading Plan within their organisation. External auditors then audit the modules to ensure that they meet the required standard and the Audit Report is sent to Main Roads for approval.
For more information on how to set up your HVA Accreditation click here